Always wanted to come to sunny South Africa?
This is the one place where it has been said
that you can find "the world in one country!" Why
not treat yourself to a flying holiday? If you
are the holder of a valid Pilot Licence why not
validate your Licence in South Africa and enjoy
our country from up high? It will change your
What do you need to do?
To complete a validation of your foreign licence
you will have to complete the following requirements.
- A lecture on South African procedures and law,
the use of the different types of airspaces and
maps. LFC’s standard operating procedures
will also be discussed.
- Complete the Air Law exam, which consists of
a multiple choice exam.
- One hour of preparation flight on a C172 in which
basic flying aspects will be addressed as
well as hot and high operations. This flight will
also include an assessment of your flying
ability to see if further training will be required before
the flight test.
- Flight test which will include a cross country
as well as a general handling skills test
- Validation of the paper work at the SACAA offices
In order for us to facilitate the process for
you the following documents will be required:
- Your pilot's logbook
- Your valid Pilot Licence
Any other documentation pertaining to your pilot’s
- Remember that you have to be rated and qualified
on the type of aircraft that you would like
to hire and fly. We cannot endorse any rating or
conversions during the validation. We can
only validate you for the type ratings you already
The validation course
- 2 hour lecture on procedures and airspace use
- Minimum of a 1 hour dual preparation flight on
- 2.5 hour final test including cross country
- Validation charges SACAA
- Air Law exam